Thursday, July 15, 2010

Going Public

I've been thinking for awhile about going public. Like, taking this blog public to people I actually know. I know that means nothing to y'all, but I feel like I need the support sometimes. I will fully admit to needing validation. I have virtually no followers or new traffic. I'm not into ads and shameless self-promotion, so that's out. I have had three blogs in the past and, surprisingly, they were quite popular. Then there was this whole outbreak of MommyBlogging and since there is such a huge legion of mommies out there, crazy single gal blogs seem to have fallen by the wayside. Plus, there's this whole issue of time. I figured that my blog would be easier to keep up with because I don't blog daily. I guess I've taken the wrong approach. At the same time, I just don't have time. Sometimes there are days I don't even get on the computer, not even to check my mail.

It's damned-near impossible to use Blogger on my phone, or I'd be doing that during every downtime moment. Meh.

Anyway, the point wasn't for pity or praise (you have to have readers to get that), but yes, I like people to like my writing. Maybe my writing sucks ass now. I'm not sure. Maybe I have nothing important to say anymore. Maybe I just have nothing interesting to say.

I don't know. It was sort of a fleeting idea to even blog about it, I guess. I just figure that I do still have a blog that's 100% anonymous, so why should I have to have this one where no one knows me? All that means is that I'm going to have to go back and HEAVILY edit what I've written. Oh well.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I guess I don’t really read your blog for the “writer’s” aspect, I just read it to see how my friend Stillie is doing. ….and you do tell some terribly interesting stories. I keep checking /reading cause I want to know how you are, how you are doing and what is happening in your world. So please keep blogging and if you go public and must go back through and edit then I can deal with it because I have read every single entry already.
    (for some weird reason you remind me of my cousin who lives in Texas)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Lay it on me...