Friday, June 18, 2010

Nope. I'm Still Here.

Yeah, you can't get rid of me that easily. Sadly, this is the longest hiatus I've ever taken from blogging and it hasn't made me feel very good. The big issue was one of mental exhaustion. It's no surprise I hate my job and, when things started getting hairy at work, I sort of shut down. I literally had no energy to emote.

Then, of course, there's the fact that I am still dating RacerBoy (known as Troy in real life), and things are going well. There were a few complications left over from our previous lives, but we've ironed it all out and going strong. He's everything I've ever wanted in a man, although I could stand a little bit more affection, I guess. He does have a tendency to get stuck talking about racing and nothing else, but I can bring him back from it.

He's hyper which, to me, is funny because I typically am as well. But his level of energy calms me down a little bit, and we help balance each other out. It's hard to explain. Or, maybe it's not. *shrugs*

This guy's got me cooking. As in, IN THE KITCHEN. Not because he wants me to, either. He cooks for me all the time. The thing is, he works his ass off. I'm in SE Texas, and it's summer, and he's outside all day long because of his landscape business. Half the time, he's fired all his employees (read: illegal aliens) because they don't work or show up late or show up drunk, so he's doing most or all of the work himself. I wanted to help him out too. I wanted to give to him the same treatment he gives me. He never asks for it, and that may be why I want to do it so much...because he's appreciative, he's grateful, and I love to see him happy.

Gah. What's happened to me?!

I have gotten rid of the attention of just about every other man, but there's one who is being incredibly persistent and annoying. I don't know if I've written about him before, but his name's Brad. I dated him right after I got divorced. My friend Gretch introduced us. Not long after we started dating, he took off to his hometown in Ohio for almost 2 months. He said he had to help out family and visit and stuff because he hadn't been there in years. We talked for hours each night and I was really getting into him. But when he returned, he didn't call me to pick him up, as had been arranged. He didn't even call me until the next day.

I eventually figured out that he'd gone up to Ohio to sober up and detox. Unfortunately, he got right back on blow the very night he returned. And, as far as I can see, that never changed. I broke up with him a week or so after his return. And he's been a thorn in my side ever since.

Anyway, I've told him numerous times to leave me alone. He only calls or texts late at night (think 2:15-ish) regardless of the fact that I've asked over and over for him to never call after 10:30 because I have a real job that requires me to be there early. He consistently disrespects that and doesn't even have anything to say when I called him on it. Lately, I've just been telling him to leave me alone and nothing more. However, I'm going to share the series of texts from last night, because this is FAIL-worthy:

Brad: ****** outdoor theatre spend time with me
Stillie: I asked you to leave me alone.
B: Why Think of u as a friend and possible mentor
S: No. I'm seeing someone I really care about and don't need you around.
B: No problemo but allow me 2 say this can u intellectually spend a lifetime with anyone but me
S: Yes, and this guy is probably it. And he respects me, which you totally don't. Leave me alone. Please.
B: I have the upmost respect 4 u but no one has the physical cognative and emotional abilities than i
S: That was the dumbest text I've ever read. I'm sure you'll meet a woman worthy of all of that, who will appreciate what you have to offer. No, you don't respect me, but that's irrelevant now. I'm not going to spend $3 a month to block you, so do the honorable thing and just go away.
B: That woman was is u if it doesnt work out consider what i have 2 offer

At that point, I just ignored it. It was 3:50 in the morning then, and I was angry. Angry, and laughing my ass off because of his "physical cognative and emotional" superiority to all others!

Gah. Anyway, I need to decide if I want to go to the grocery store now, or if I want to wait until the traffic is sure to get nuts! It's coming up on 1, so I should probably do that before too terribly long. I'm going to grill chicken for him sometime probably next week before I go out of town.

I'm doing my yearly youth volunteering deal starting June 25th. I'll be back July 2nd. I'm really excited, pretty pumped up, and although it's going to suck to be away from Troy and the dogs for that long, I look forward to this every year, so there's no real reason for me not to do it!

Hopefully I won't wait so long between posts anymore, now that school's out and the stress level is practically zilch.

Thanks for sticking around, if you did.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. glad you and him are doing well. Hope ya blocked the other guy.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Lay it on me...