My dryer is famous for creating the largest fuzzballs you've ever seen. I mean, it's a legend that's spread across the neighborhood.
It all started from when one of my new neighbors stopped by to welcome me to the street. I had been working - painting and home improvement type activities - and was wearing nothing but a sports bra, so I quickly threw on something from the dryer before opening the door. There was one of these giant-sized fuzzballs, mostly made up of doghair and Stillie hair, stuck to the my left shoulderblade. And so the legend has continued, because the fuzzballs continue.
I have hair rollers in every room of the house, on the entry hall table, in my truck, in my desk drawer at work, and yet I still manage to parade around town with an auxilary sweater of dog hair.
Pet owners can instinctively pick one another out of a crowd, probably from the dog hair. I went to a psychic once with my cousin and the first thing out of his mouth was, "You're an animal lover." No shit, Nostradamus...what gave it away? The huge swath of dog hair across my backside?! I bet you're going to tell me I'm smart next, won't you?
There's another part of my dryer that's a bit weird, besides just the large deposits of tresses. While most people's dryers steal socks, never to be found again, my dryer is hoarding fuzzballs and stockpiling them for some War of the Washers or something.
Seriously. Look at this:

You're looking at one of those hollow plastic agitator things inside the dryer. Those black things are fuzzballs. Don't ask me how they got there - that fin agitator thing is attached to the tumbler walls all the way around. I have NO idea how they create themselves.
What I do know, though, is that a few months ago, there were only 3 of them.
Now, there are four of them. They're multiplying!
I can't help but wonder...what happens when it gets full? Will I have to pop the fin thing off and remove them? Will they overheat and cause a fire? Will it make the dryer off-balance and eventually ruin the rotating thingy?
And...where the FUCK do they come from?
Secretly, they creep me out. Nobody else has ever noticed them. Or, maybe it's just because I'm the only one around here that ever does a load of laundry...


No comments:
Post a Comment
What's on your mind? Lay it on me...