I'm way too depressed about work to to into any significant or deep stuff. So I won't. I'm going to make a list of products I absolutely love or can't live without. Whee!
- Playtex Tampons - I know this is a very personal choice, but these are my favorite. There's really just one reason: the way it expands. The cotton is curved on the bottom so it doesn't rip out your tender insides as its being removed, like several other tampon brands do because they're squared off.
- Levis 504 Tilted Jeans - Levis is notorious for fucking up my jeans. In other words, they like to discontinue and/or change the styles I love. My personal favorite was when they added Lycra to my favorite style. Anyway, this is the new style I really like. They're "good butt jeans."
- Paul Mitchell Super Strength and Super Skinny Hair Stuff - I use both of these back and forth. Since I have used both of these, my hair has grown longer and has taken on a much smoother texture. I never believed that shampoo and conditioner would make a difference - after all, your hair is technically dead cells - but this totally worked.
- Hellman's Mayonnaise - This is the mayonnaise called "Best Foods" on the west side of the Rockies, but it's great. I love real mayo, and Kraft isn't it. I have to be in the mood for Miracle Whip, and the two are NOT interchangeable, despite what some sandwich shops may think.
- Armor All - The original Armor All is the best protectant that ever did exist. There have been many new detailing companies that have tried to duplicate it, but you just can't. There is a 'low shine' version, too, which I like as well. It's less sticky = less dog hair sticks to my dash.
- Pepto-Bismol - I realize so many people think it's gross, but I love it. The original flavor, too, not the cherry. Generic brands don't even compare. This stuff makes my tummy feel better almost instantly, and I really hate tummy aches, so that's important.
- Charmin Ultra Strong - This is embarrassing, but oh well. One thing I really, really, really hate about toilet paper is that it comes apart. I absolutely hate finding those little tiny white balls of paper in my underwear. I have more of a problem with it up front, ahem, and it makes me sick. Charmin's Ultra Strong TP doesn't come apart or ball up like the other stuff when it gets wet. That means no little white balls of paper. Yay.
- Juicy Couture Boy-Cut Panties - I am SO not a Juicy person. I make fun of Juicy people. Their clothes are so disgusting! Except for one thing: their boy cut panties. They are - hands down - the most comfy and well-fitting panties I've ever had the pleasure of wearing. My mother gave them as a present one year and now I insist on them. They're pricey, I think: A 3-pack for $36, but I'm lucky in that I have an outlet store nearby, so I just get the "last edition" of them.
- Verizon Wireless - They've begun pissing me off as of late with their refusal to work on fixing a billing problem. Prior to that, however, there was never a single customer service problem, and their service reliability and coverage is far superior to any other service I've used.
- Frizz-Ease - Anything. Absolutely anything in this product line is better than nothing at all. I love the leave-in conditioner and the emergency repair treatment.
- Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk - I hate Garnier, as a rule. I bought this stuff just to take over to Troy's and keep there in case of an emergency. Well, there was an emergency and the stuff worked like a charm. I live in SE Texas - our humidity is legendary and unbearable. This stuff works. Trust me.
- BF Goodrich Tires for Trucks / Hoosiers and Toyos for racing - I've tried all kinds of all-terrain tires, mudders, you name it, but I like BFGs the most. They don't have the longest life but, fuck, it's an off-roadable tire. What do you expect? The road noise is quieter than the tires that came stock on my Jeep Wrangler and I they're just really durable. They don't get chopped on the edges the way my others have. Hoosier slicks are classics and there's really no other choice. I have never actually driven on Toyos, but they seem to perform very very well. All the Spec Miatas seem to run them, and they pull better Gs and cornering than any other "normal" road racers I've watched. They seem to be a balance between performance and price.
- Evian or Fiji Water - Troy calls me a water snob. He's right. But there's a reason for it. I've always had a very sensitive palate. I mean, my tongue is very sensitive to taste. Even as a smoker, I could taste if iced tea was old when nobody else could. I could taste if someone had taken a drag off my cigarette while I wasn't looking. Similarly, if water is merely purified tap water, or RO'd public drinking water, I can taste it, and it tastes like ass. For instance, I can only drink Ozarka (which is the best of the worst) when it's ice cold. Once it starts to warm up, I simply can't drink it at all. Evian and Fiji may have solids in it - like silica and other 'dirt' - but it's not like you can see it or taste it or feel it. Evian and Fiji are the only types of water I can drink if they've warmed up and they still taste good. More expensive, but totally worth it.
I would love to keep going, because I do have quite a few more opinions. I do, however, have a meeting to attend tonight and I have to go use some of those miraculous hair products I've touted. Do you have any products you absolutely can't live without? Please share.
No comments:
Post a Comment
What's on your mind? Lay it on me...